Dragon house

Chuck Thoits

Here's a dragon house I just finished up. It's all oak with screen on 3 sides and glass in the back. I put toggles on the top and bottom of the doors just so there would be no wandering with out permission.:thumb:
It's just under 60" tall by 22" deep and 43" wide

Attachments

• tn_dragon house 001.JPG
    tn_dragon house 001.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
One dragon Vaughn.:thumb:
Now if Randy could get you to move that fast with pics.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• tn_dragonhouse 001.JPG
    tn_dragonhouse 001.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 58
  • tn_dragonhouse 002.JPG
    tn_dragonhouse 002.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 54
Here are some better pics... you can click them for the bigger version

Cage
tn_doors closed.JPG

Doors Open
tn_Doors Open.JPG

What is that thing?
tn_whats that.JPG

I'm watching you!
tn_watching you.JPG

I'm a dragon ya know... I can eat you!
tn_ferocious.JPG

Got any crickets?
tn_got food.JPG

What do you mean it's too late to eat?
tn_hey you.JPG

But it's hard to maintain this beauty!
tn_beautiful.JPG

That's a good looking dragon!

Out here in the desert, we try to keep the lizards outside of the house, otherwise the cats are kind of mean to them...

But I do find myself getting to know a few of the outdoor guys pretty well during the warmer months. They seem to have some well defined territories and I get to recognize and name a few of them every year.

While I don't like snakes, I find lizards to be pretty darn interesting characters.

(And I'm learning to no mind the snakes so much)...

Brent these east coast lizards just don't have what it takes to stay out side here.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Some thing about not having a fur coat.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brent these east coast lizards just don't have what it takes to stay out side here.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Some thing about not having a fur coat.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What I find amazing is that I've seen the same dang gopher snake for the last few years here, and it gets pretty cold in the winter here. We are 'high desert' and we get all four seasons. Most of our moisture and water to fill the well comes from the snow in the wither months.

Anyhow, 'Goofy' the gopher snake, as I call him, is over 4' long, and I'm thinking if I see him this year, should be getting up towards 5'... He always seems to surprise me when I'm outside wearing sandals and I just about step on him...

Last edited:
Very nice work Chuck, as usual :thumb:

Man, I'd love to have one of them lizards around, I bet my daughters would freak out.............. then they would just love it!:D

Cute lil' dragon. Looks like a horny toad that's had some "work done", as they say in Hollywood. I've had a couple friends who owned iguanas, up to about 6' long. Cool to look at, but I just never quite saw the allure...I like fuzzy critters better, I guess.

I have had iguanas.... they can be quite a handful and are usually kinda cranky sorts of creatures...
this one is a Bearded Dragon and you can't go catch one in FL though you might be able to buy one there... they are native to Australia.
I probably wouldn't bake or fry her.... not nearly enough meat to go through the trouble.

Looks a lot like some of the horned toads around here, cept much bigger! I kept running into one young little horned toad last summer that I swear was only about an inch long, not including his tail. Never did get a picture of him...

Looks a lot like some of the horned toads around here, cept much bigger! I kept running into one young little horned toad last summer that I swear was only about an inch long, not including his tail. Never did get a picture of him...

Horned toads used to be common pets. But, I hear they went nearly extinct. Nice to know some are still around.