Hello from West Texas

Hello everyone,
I am happy to be a member here and looking forward to learning from everyone.
I have been woodworking as long as I can remember. Started helping my dad around the house and learned most of what I know from him or just learning as I go.
I haven't really done much woodworking the last 2 years as my focus changed to rebuilding my truck; it isn't done but I really want to get back to making sawdust. Right now I plan on making a pendulum cradle and a jewelry box in the next couple of months. I don't usually work too fast but try to do my best.

Here are some examples of some stuff I have made over the last 8 years or so; let me know what ya'll think.

My first square bowl (poplar) and Acorns (Christmas ornaments)
2006-121006.jpg

Maple bowl
Curly-01-01.jpg

Maple and Jatoba Mirror
2006-071001.jpg

Willow and Bloodwood frame
2008-061004.jpg

Red Oak Rocking Chair
Rocker006.jpg

Welcome to the family Michael, and you couldn't have made a better introduction we love pics!

Great work you have there, I like both frames (mirror and painting) a lot:thumb::thumb:

Michael,
Sorry I'm so late with a welcome... I see you are from Lubbock.. have a nephew that went to school there and his ex-wife still lives there with his kids... he's in Amarillo now as the manager of a hotel.

I went to school in Borger waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when... 5th grade.

Welcome aboard... I liked all of your work.. good job.