Shop made scaffolding

I am making my spring "to do" list and I need to do some work on the soffit and facia around the house. A little carpentry and some painting. I need to make a simple little scaffold that is about 3-4 feet high, lightweight and easy to move around. If I had a knock down design I could store it, if not I will just take it apart when I am done and use the wood for something else.

I know they sell them but most of the ones I have seen at Lowes or HD are rated for 250 lbs and unfortunately I am a few biscuits heavier than that.

I have thought of just two smaller saw horses with some planking but you guys are so clever with jigs and such that I though maybe some one here would have some ideas on this.

Any thoughts out there.

If you already own two extension (or step) ladders, it's hard to beat a pair of ladder jacks. You'll need to use one ladder, anyway, to get up onto that 4' platform. Might as well use that ladder as PART of the platform. It won't get much more portable than that, either... unless you've got LEVEL LEVEL pavement or concrete next to the house for a rolling scaffold like the one Brent points to.