ITS FRIDAY.. so whacha got planned

I'm planning on a trip to see the same demo and then off to the turning meeting. Sunday is church of course.

Next week is stormy, weatherwise. Will have to do some in the house activity.

Though the new lathe is now in the turning shack, the electrical circuit is hooked up, and there is a heater in there. :thumb::thumb: But the turning shack is far from some sort of order, as everything that had been in there had to be removed, some crammed back in and the rest had to find a new home. Now I need to make it workable in there. The cramming makes it not only difficult but not particularly safe from sharp edges at the moment.

Next up on that front are clean the gunk off and make some of the tweeks and "improvements." Spread some shavings around, get it dirty, and see if anything creative emerges.

Funeral to attend on Saturday for an old friend of the family. Sunday, dinner with the kids as usual, Monday - Friday will be in Las Vegas (Baby!), Saturday - Monday heading to Reno/Tahoe to do some snowmobiling and site tours.

Tomorrow is my 28 wedding anniversary, this wife and I will be heading to Richmond to watch out youngest son wrestle in a tournament and then we will figure out the rest of the day.

Friday: Took the day off to catch up on numerous errands and prepare for the weekend.

Saturday - Monday: Take the family to the mountains to play in the snow for the weekend. We've been renting the same place for approximately 10 years now and really enjoy it. There's never been less than 12 inches of snow on the ground and many times it's been 30+ deep. Hopefully this year won't disappoint either.

Hauling off the beer fridge from the garage...it quit this week! :eek: Don't worry, the beer will be fine! :D

Then my dad and I will try to figure out how I can get more power to my garage. I have an available 220 breaker in the house...hope it works to get it out to the garage without much effort or $$....

Sunday, more shop cleaning and rearranging. With the fridge gone, I will be gaining some much needed space.:thumb:

Tomorrow is my 28 wedding anniversary, this wife and I will be heading to Richmond to watch out youngest son wrestle in a tournament and then we will figure out the rest of the day.

:congrats::congrats::clap::clap:
Congratulations Dave and Mrs Hawksford for 28 years. Thats a real achievement in todays times. Well done all the best and enjoy the day.:thumb: Wish the other half from all of us at FWW.:thumb:

Working up prices for installing linoleum in 2 bathrooms, Rehang and paint an exterior door and price a roof repair on a horse stable. Oh and help a coworker file for unemployment online. He has no computer and thats how you have to do it now. Maybe squeeze in some shop time.

Soooo, what does the other wife (wives?) think about this?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats on #28!!!

Oh, helping one of the rescues recover from stomach surgery today. Hopefully go to HD and get the wood for the mobile base for the saw and get started butchering it...the wood, not the saw. Jim.

Reached 45 degrees today so Christmas Decor came down and went up into the attic for another year. Fishing Club meeting tonight and Waiting for a special ordered fingernail router bit for a special ordered project and then Sunday a date with a fellow who has a barn coming down and salvage some good pieces of siding for some special order picture frames... (pictures to follow when complete) Still there is all the other project chores I have been putting aside. (Most likely put aside some more...:()

Clean some more and maybe get some shot glasses done that have been taking up space.
Down to stripping all the stuff off the shelves in the white side and putting it back in some sort of order.
If I'm really lucky I'll get to the dark side and start stripping shelves in there too.

Last edited:
1) Cut a hole in the roof.
2) Make a Snowman
3) Make a camoflage acrylic pen (I can't believe how fast Berea Hardwoods ships).
4) Chase Horses off the lawn.
5) Make some Chili
6) Pick up Horse poop.
7) Exercise the Dog
8) Practice sharpening until I can see a reflection in the bevel on my plane blades
9) Finish loading a database for work that I should have done today, but had to reload all of history for it first so now I have to redo it all again...

Work on the free lathe and try to get it up and going. Lots to do there. Watch little football, Colts will probably get beat. I am thinking Ravens by 3.

Sunday after church, wean calves. This should be fun. Got a new round of mud, now that the thaw is here.

1. Move a bunch of stuff out of the shop into the driveway.

2. Take some photos of my lathe and tools.

3. Move the bunch of stuff back into the shop, organizing and purging as I go.

4. Haul all the Christmas decorations back to the storage locker.

5. Fertilize (and de-crabgrass) lawns.

...and try to do all of this before the rains start this weekend. :rolleyes:

If time permits, I've got some fresh wood to process into turning blanks, and plenty of turning I could be doing.

Vaughn.....

Your thinking about your lawn, and I haven't seen mine in over a month. It's still under about 15" of snow!!! Not fair!!:p:(:rolleyes: