Lobstrosities...

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Burrp...

First time I've ever eaten 2 1# lobsters... I'm satisfied.

The wife had one...

(LiveLob Christmas present from my BIL and Sis.... Good people they are)

Now, I need a nap...

That sounds yummy just thinking about it. I split a 3 pounder once with a business associate on a trip once. I think that's the only time I've ever really gotten my fill eating lobster.

Do you expect the stretch marks to eventually go away? :p

I don't eat as much as I used to but two 1# lobsters would be just a warm up for me. There is a restaurant in Branson, MO that features an all you can eat seafood buffet. Ain't cheap but a once every few years a treat for us. It has all you can eat king crab legs and lobsters. Fortunately, the bus boys are very good at taking away the scraps. We definitely, wantonly, indulge and make pigs of ourselves.

Edit: apologies for the 'one up' post.

Ah Brent you now mention my favorite food. I think we should ask old Chuck and Kaylea in Maine about lobster though. Larry can vouch for it first hand.:rofl::rofl:

My best and first experience with the North American lobster was in Boston at this place

http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/

Its a bit of a toursit joint but that dont change the lobster only what you pay for it. I was lucky company expense account at the time paid for it. Wow we had a feast there.

My other favorite place for seafood snacks was

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/ Not sure what it is like today since its been a while since i was there.

Those lobsters must have been a nice treat considering you in the "dessert". Guess if you had to buy em locally they would cost a pretty penny Eh!:)

Great gift idea.:thumb: Piggie.:rofl::rofl:

Awwww you guys. You are causing me to fondly remember a food orgy involving rock shrimp. I sure wish I could get them in Michigan. Those little mini-lobsters are a favorite. :(

"rock shrimp"???
Do you mean crawfish/crayfish/crawdads????? :huh:
For a real food orgy, try just about anywhere in Louisiana.
AFTER a big dinner, order beer and crawfish. You will get about a bushel basket sized bowl of them. I would say nothing better. But in Louisiana, especially in the south part, when it comes to food, everytime you turn around, you will find 'something better'.

I looooove lobster, and manage to eat it "out" somewhere about twice a year. But our local grocer has started carrying 5-6 ounce lobster tails for a VERY good price, and I've been buying them and having seafood feasts with them, shrimp, and scallops about once a month. Yummy.

Hubby loves shrimp, and in the Norfolk area is a chain of seafood buffets called "Captain George's." We went there for dinner one night, and by actual count (the uneaten tails) hubby went through 7 dozen shrimp! That was in the days when he could eat all he wanted and worked it off the next day!! Those days are long gone.

Blue ones make me real sick, even the smallest bit. I must have some sort of allergic reaction since I ate one for the first and last time in my life. Curiosly enough I can eat shrimps,crab and other similar creatures without a problem

Red ones I don't know I don't remember eating them.

Lobster is the most potent of the sea critters in terms of cholesterol and of course the melted butter is also loaded with fat. That is why they taste so good. :thumb:

Have never eaten a fill and of course not one bite sinse I had my chest cracked open for re-plumbing. Don't want that again. :( So, (alas) I must pass on the loverly cockroaches from the sea.

Bill, if you're watching your cholesterol, you'll probably want to avoid this delicacy, too...

Pork%20Brains.jpg

(I'd think that'd be easier to pass up than lobster.) :D

I've eaten fresh pork brains and scrambled eggs. Not nearly as bad as is sounds.

Rock shrimp per Vaughn's first link, it says: "They live and spawn in warm deep waters, 120 to 240 feet."

Methinks warm waters are not associated with Michigan.
Pictures look more like warm water lobsters, albeit very small.

Rock shrimp per Vaughn's first link, it says: "They live and spawn in warm deep waters, 120 to 240 feet."

Methinks warm waters are not associated with Michigan.
Pictures look more like warm water lobsters, albeit very small.

Yep not a Michigan delicacy Frank: I wish they were,but they are on the top of my list when I visit Florida:D Small but VERY tasty. They are Number ONE of my top 5 favorite things to eat:D:thumb::thumb::thumb: