Pen Blanks << All sets are gone >>

Stuart Ablett

I've got 8 sets of ten pen blanks I'd like to give away, each blank is about 3/4" square and just over 6" long.

pen_blanks_1.JPG
Most are the Blue Keyaki wood that I'm making the Genkan bench out of, but there will be one Japanese Evergreen Oak blank in there as well (a kind of Red Oak).

pen_blanks_2.JPG pen_blanks_3.JPG

All I want is shipping, the ten blanks packaged up weigh in just under half a kilogram. Using SAL shipping, which takes two weeks, the cost is 580 yen or about $6.50 with exchange rates and PayPal fees.

If you would like a set please PM me.

Any blanks left over will be sent to Jonathan for his school kids, so they won't go to waste :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Very nice of you to do that.
And, congrats on giving all away so quickly.
I was tempted to ask for a batch. Those of us that make pens have an addiction to collecting a lot, and I do mean a LOT of blanks from unique woods.
When I saw your post, I just HAD to have some of that Japanese wood but resisted asking for some. I have many-many blanks on hand.
So, now you say, yer going to tempt me again....:eek: Oh, well.

Jonathan, honestly, I don't need anymore pen blanks, I'm not addicted like poor Frank is :D

Your offer is certainly appreciated.

Frank, send my your address by PM, I'll send you some wood, just so you have some in your collection :thumb: :D