ER Reports...Food for Thought

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a database with over 300,000 Emergency Room injury reports.

ER Database

Do a search on table saw or ladder or other things we use regularly. I was pleased to see relatively few entries for "lathe" or "drill press".

Fair Warning: There are some injuries listed that might not be 'Family Friendly'. Gotta wear your big boy jeans if you check the list out, but it's pretty interesting stuff IMHO.

Thanks for the link Vaughn. You just can't make up some of this stuff....

"A TABLE SAW FELL ON HIS RT THIGH, TRIED TO FIX SELF BY BURNING IT WITH A HOT KNIVE DX: BURN RT THIGH"

"A NEIGHBOR THREW A WIRELESS ROUTER @ PT, HITTING HER IN LEFT CHEEK"

I've been saying for years those things are dangerous. Hence my WirelessRouterStop technology.

I've seen those, man. They have a piece of CAT5 attached...sort of a tether to slow down the throwing velocity and keep any damage contained to a small perimeter. I saw a video of it on YouTube, and it was amazing. One minute, the router is flying through the air, and in a split second, it stops mid-flight and is instantly yanked to the ground. :thumb: :rofl:

I can see it now- Guy laughs real hard and falls out of chair while reading ER report on how people do stupid things. Broken ribs or blew a hernia. :rofl:

My brother's ex-wife was an ER nurse and we used to hear some really funny stories from her about cases. Of course I won't mention a few of them I found myself involved with. :D

a buddy of mine way back, back in the day lets say, was serving his residency at Bellvue Hospital in NY city, and did some time in the emergency room.
He had some amazing stories to tell.