More Model T parts

Bill Simpson

A while back I posted where I was workng on the wood body for a 1912 Motel T Towncar... Well, I am sill the goto for new parts... Window shades, there is a stick that fits in the bottom of the window shades for the coach. Oval shaped Maple, owner gives me sizes in thousands of inches... But I mustered up several for him...

About 60 as he has sold several sets to go with the brass mechanisms he has machined from brass and quite impressive detail work. Here is the original we are trying to copy... The one in the back is the one we built.

Attachments

• Jim%20Finney%20044.jpg
    Jim%20Finney%20044.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 78
  • P1060202.JPG
    P1060202.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 72
  • P1060204.JPG
    P1060204.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 74
Very cool. The project car is looking great. How did you machine the oval profile for the window shade sticks?

Fairly simple process, I used a fingernail router bit. from MLCS Woodworking, mounted in a Router table.

fingernl.jpg

Feather boards and jigs, etc to feed through and keep from rolling over on the last pass. The dimensions handed to me were 0.661 X 0.320 That converts to real wood measurements of 5/8" X 11/16" or so... Sanding did the rest (I love my mouse sander for tasks lie this.

Last edited:
Bill good to hear i will tell a friend of mine that has a woody hanging from his garage wall that i have a source of spares for him if he needs em.

This guy is a restorer of old cars but it takes him forever to do one.:rofl: