enother box

Well i'll try this again.tryed to post a few ago and the system went hay wire.:eek::huh::dunno: Hope it ain't trying to tell me something.;)
This box is turned out of a piece of bradford pear root ball , and the base and final is cocobolo. the cocobolo came from Larry who got it from Dan so thanks to bouth of ya.:D:thumb: If i had known how nice 10+ year old cocobolo turned i would of been using it a long time ago.
Well the first pic is of the final still on the lathe and the next is the box still in the chuck.the next are just sitting there whating to put the final finish on.
All comments welcome as always and thanks for all the help i've gotten here, and for putting up with me.:thumb:
Steve

Attachments

• 011 [800x600].JPG
    011 [800x600].JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 024 [800x600].JPG
    024 [800x600].JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 025 [800x600].JPG
    025 [800x600].JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 027 [800x600].JPG
    027 [800x600].JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 75
Excellant design and some wonderful turning, If I enjoyed inclusions in the work, I'd say I like it. BUT I have never been a fan of inclusions. All the same,:thumb: the piece is finely designed and made.

I love the quality of the work. You did er good!

However, with all of figure in the Pear, a plainer, less figured finial and base would have been a better choice to show off the Pear.

Keep in mind that it's just my humble opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I love both woods, espescially the Cocobolo, don't get much Pear around here.

Bruce

That is a beautiful piece. Nicely done.
Thank ya Wayne
I love the quality of the work. You did er good!

However, with all of figure in the Pear, a plainer, less figured finial and base would have been a better choice to show off the Pear.

Keep in mind that it's just my humble opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I love both woods, espescially the Cocobolo, don't get much Pear around here.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce. next time i find a piece of wood like that i'll give the simpler base and final a try.:thumb: