enother box

I like it all, contrast between two different woods, the inclusions in the pear root and, of course, yer turning. Well done.
Was the Bradford pear root real hard-hard for turning? I have turned BP and compare it to rock.

I like it all, contrast between two different woods, the inclusions in the pear root and, of course, yer turning. Well done.
Was the Bradford pear root real hard-hard for turning? I have turned BP and compare it to rock.
Frank didn't have much trouble with the pear.It had been sitting in the shop for about a year and a half, so it was dry.The hardest stuff i've turned so far is that hickory that's been sitting around to long. It turned good when it was green but the longer it sits the harder it gets.

Stephen, I missed this one until now...I like it a lot! Well Done! :thumb:
Thanks Jeff. Did you ever get or are you still thinking of getting the new grizzly? Been wanting to get it myself so am looking forward to hereing from any and all i can.:D

Thanks Jeff. Did you ever get or are you still thinking of getting the new grizzly? Been wanting to get it myself so am looking forward to hereing from any and all i can.:D

Stephen, I haven't moved any further...won't be until this summer if I do pull the trigger as I would need to run 220 to the garage. With the 20" of snow we still have on the ground, it ain't happening anytime soon. :thumb: