Day off and Catching up

Dan Mosley

Today I spent cutting firewood and only had a few hours free so i decided to finish up some projects and get them out of the shop. I Know how everybody likes pictures so here ya go.....................

Picture-1 ---- two coats of Danish oil and steel wool 0000 - waiting to be buffed
Picture-2 ----one coat of Danish oil and needing a couple more - then buff out
Picture-3 ----Seal a cell and Armor R Seal 3 coats - finishing the bottom now and will dry and buff
Picture-4-----Small vessel that i opened the top up to much and just finished it quickly - 3 coats gloss laquer
Picture-5-----Set of three vessels waiting a couple more days to buff - Danish oil x 3 coats and Laquer x 3
Picture-6 ----Better picture of one of the above - again i opened the top to much and simply just finished it out
Picture-7----Custom turning and finishing with 4-5 coats of Laquer and will buff in a week or so
Picture-8----Experimenting with color on a wood bowl that had to many bad areas so rather than throw it to the designer wood pile im
adding a bit of color and playing around to see what it will turn out to be like.....more to come later when i get some finish on it

PS - I got my goose neck from Randy this week and used it the past couple turnings and im glad i got this tool its great to use....2 thumbs up on this addition to my hollowing rig.

Attachments

• Bowl-1.jpg
    Bowl-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Bowl-2.jpg
    Bowl-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Bowl-3.jpg
    Bowl-3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Bowl-4.jpg
    Bowl-4.jpg