Craft Fair today

Don Baer

Staff member
Well I did my first craft fair today. I didn't take very much couple of Bowl/lamps and some wine stoppers. I tradded the Bosch guy a 21 piece set of jig saw blades for a bottle stopper. Nothing else sold. Talking to the other folks who were there they also didn't sell anything but I did get to spend the day turning and I did get two small commisions while I was there plus gave out about 30 brochures and about 50 business cards. so it was a good day

DSCN0434.jpgDSCN0435.jpg

Hi, Don,

You may not have sold much, but I'm sure you gave a bunch of people some great ideas on turning projects for themselves.

Regardless of who you are, I have read many a people setting up at fairs, craft shows, and such, just are not selling. People just aren't willing to pay for craftsmanship anymore, they have the Wal-mart syndrome.
Don, sorry you didn't do any better than you did.

Oh I realy didn't expect much other then getting my name out and that was done, I got a lot of folks who were interested in turning watching and asking questions so that part was a lot of fun. Since I nearly ran out of brochures and got the two small commisions made the expierance worthwhile.

I have heard the same thing as Doug. My mom lives in the Chicago area and loves the crafts/antique/selling junk shows and normally does quite well. This year it has fallen over dramatically. Must be the elections, lets hope so.