Can someone make a poll/voting thread on indoor house painting?

allen levine

really, I dont think there is much worse if your not getting paid, then to have to paint kitchens and hallways.
I think its about the same as a root canal for me.

Whats worse, painting indoor walls and ceilings for 2 days or:
Root canal?
Stomach virus?
Watching 3 cubs games in a row?
Eating leftovers.......for the 8th day in a row?
Missing a tool your wife lent to someone but cant remember who and now, right now, you need it and it aint cheap?
Your daughters boyfriend putting his dripping subways soda container and sandwich on your tablesaw surface while looking for camping equipment in your shop, right after you scrubbed the surface clean and waxed it 4 times?

I really hate house painting, but IM too cheap to hire someone so I could find too many faults. Id rather see my own mess ups and say, oh well, I saved hundreds that Ill put towards wood and machines.

Oh darn, fiddlesticks, back to work!

Last edited:
I'll trade you Allen. I recently moved into a condo where everything, and I do mean everything, is the same shade of off-white/yellow. It's downright depressing but the thought of painting it is even more excruciating.

I lucked out when we moved to the town home. The previous owner had colors my wife already liked and the manager just touched up the holes, which my wife covered with pictures anyway. :)

Painting. Sigh...

It's not the painting I hate, it's the prep work. Scraping, sanding, washing the wall, masking, etc...

Once I get that done, I really don't mind the painting so much.

I do find something like a
Paint Stick really makes it a lot easier and faster...

Why is this so? Painting isn't really very hard. Its certainly no where near as involved as it was in "the good old days" but still, I hate it. For no reason I can actually define, I hate painting, mudding drywall and anything that has anything to do with lawyers (not necessarily in that order).