Save the Budweiser Clydesdales

Don Baer

Staff member
My son just came home after taking my grandaughter to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. He was talking to the sales rep from Bud and he told my son that InBev who bought Budweiser is getting rid of the teams. He told Chris that they are down from 12 team to three and by the time this team get back to St. Luis that they will be down to two teams. That ain't right. We need to tell InBev that if they get rid of the clydesdales we'll quit using there product. That ain't right.:eek:

well i didnt like the idea of them tauting the fact they were americas beer when they sold it to a foreighn country but now they are gettin rid of the one thing that was U.S.A and had stood for the product for many years..this world is going to the dogs i think and faster than alot of folks might realize.

I wondered how long it would actually be before this happened. Hey, they own the company, they can do away with them if they want. Hope in the bottom line, it is the final nail in their coffin. Otherwise, those horses and support teams can't be cheap.

My son just came home after taking my grandaughter to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. He was talking to the sales rep from Bud and he told my son that InBev who bought Budweiser is getting rid of the teams. He told Chris that they are down from 12 team to three and by the time this team get back to St. Luis that they will be down to two teams. That ain't right. We need to tell InBev that if they get rid of the clydesdales we'll quit using there product. That ain't right.:eek:

I quit using BUD years ago... never really liked the flavor... loved the horses though... my last 10 years of work, I sat at a desk faced a window with a view of the Houston Bud plant... watched the fire that almost burned it down... :D

I would throw my 2 cents in here but what do us Canadians know about beer? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Years ago I was sitting in a bar in Montreal next to two locals. I was drinking a Lebatt Blue while the other two guys were drinking Bud. I commented to them that from our separate points of view, we were all drinking 'import' beers. :p

It'd be a shame to see the Budweiser Clydesdales go, though. They are definitely an icon. I'm guessing the bean counters didn't see the return on the investment anymore. I'm sure maintaining so many teams (or even a few) is not cheap. Back in the days of limited television and on-site advertising, they probably had a bigger financial return than they do now in the era of the Internet, multimedia, and 800 TV channels.

In Montana Budweiser has announced that they are canceling all contracts with their distributors. They are going to start distributing their beers from some of their brewery plants. In the case of Montana all beer will come from Ft. Collins Colo. I have to assume that they are doing the same nation wide.

This put 25 plus people out of work in Butte Mt, plus left the local distributor with a tremendous amount of empty warehouse space.

It's not really going to hurt me, I've always thought that God wanted to have everyone on earth to consume an allotment of beer during their lifetime. Since I've already consumed my allotment I'll not miss it.

Jiggs Elphison

The domino effect will be very great, from the breeders hoping to get the color in the right spots as well as the correct attitude, to the harness makers, to the feed distributors, farriers, truckers, laborers. I would imagine this was a very costly advertising campaign that they can continue on tv (for the superbowl) through the magical use of digital pictures/animation.

Um quit............that would mean I'd have to start :doh:
No thank you :thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, I like Budweiser - the one made in Czech Republic. The one they were making a hundred years before that urine-base stuff that Anheiser-Busch has been trying to pawn off as beer.

Czech Budweiser is good beer. A-B's stuff - not so.

I do like the Clydes, though...