Some pens for your viewing pleasure........

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
Some of you may recall my post http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17174.

The white one has been getting some use turning pens (what else?) since getting it set up.

View attachment 41865
This is a One-Piece Cigar pen in Spalted Maple with Chrome platings. (SOLD)

View attachment 41866
2 Zen pens in multi-coloured acrylics.
View attachment 41867

An Ultra Cigar turned in Carribean Sea Acrylic in upgraded Gold and Chrome platings.
View attachment 41868
These 2 are Cigar pens in Black Titanium, Amboyna Burl, on one and the other is Brazilian Leopardwood. Both ordered as Christmas presents. (SOLD)

View attachment 41869
The one on the left is a dyed Corn Cob, the other is a X-cut Cherry (from my friend Larry). Both are Ultra Cigar pens in Chrome/Gold bling.

View attachment 41870
These 2 are my favourites! On the left Hawaiian Silver Oak, and on the right Lilac Root.

View attachment 41871
And a couple of Sierra Clicks in Amboyna Burl. One in Ti. Gold, the other in Black Ti.

I meant to mention there are 16 pens waiting to have their pictures taken. Just a warning! I'll have mercy on you, I won't post their pictures one at a time.

Last edited:
Beautiful as always, Mack. :clap: I like the looks of the Ultra Cigar kit. Who sells that one?

I'm guessing that swinging the fatter pens like the cigars really gave that new lathe a heavy workout, huh? :D As soon as you get a steady rest, maybe you can try some bottle stoppers. :rofl: Seriously, I'll bet it's a pleasure turning pens on such a smooth and stable lathe

Beautiful as always, Mack. :clap:
I like the looks of the Ultra Cigar kit. Who sells that one?
Thanks Vaughn; It's a Berea kit http://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-kit/sets/ultra_cigar_pen.html I purchase it in Canada from www.penblanks.ca.

I'm guessing that swinging the fatter pens like the cigars really gave that new lathe a heavy workout, huh? :D As soon as you get a steady rest, maybe you can try some bottle stoppers. :rofl: Seriously, I'll bet it's a pleasure turning pens on such a smooth and stable lathe

It really is a pleasure, so much so, that it's difficult to describe. I balanced a penny on the lathe bed. My wife took a pic while I turned a pen. The penny stayed there for over 10 minutes before falling over.

Those pens look really good as usual Mack. I like that corn cob one.:thumb:

Great to hear the new baby is working out for you.:thumb:

You found a home for the old one yet?
Hi Rob; Oh yes, it was quickly grabbed up from Craig's List. It lives within 20 minutes from me, I have visiting rights whenever I need them.

I so wanted to turn it over to our friend, but I don't think he's quite there yet!