OK another weekend is here so wacha got planned

LOML thinks you're supposed to clean house before guests come over. Sheesh. That woman.) :rolleyes:

One of the Sunday guests is going to give me some pointers about my planes, and I don't want him to think I keep dull tools. :D

So you not only have to clean before company comes, you have to sharpen, before getting sharpening tips?:huh::rofl::rofl:

Shop time, while watching Franks storm tear up the area. You have to stop this Frank. Every time you get one, we get one.

Sorry, wish I could stop it.
Snow came down hard most of last night. We have well over a foot on the ground. Most unusual for here. Daughter and her dogs are visiting. Staying in house is boring, boring, boring. I'm sure I could drive out, we didn't get ice with this storm. But, what would we do? Daughter has a 150 mile drive home on Ozark roads tomorrow. That could be problematic.

Welcome Dan to Family woodworking. Glad to have you here. When you get some time why don't you post a shop tour. We love pictures..:wave:

Thanks! I did post a new thread under shop tours. And I also attached a photo of the table so far. I still need to rout the table top before attaching it. I think I'm going to stain the table to match the stool.

Attachments

• pictures 003.jpg
    pictures 003.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 9
I just found out Im meeting another family member in the morning.

then its back to painting and making some progress.

I finally found a set of bed plans I like(popular mechanics 100th year anniverssary bed, free plans, woooohooooo! and will begin when Im finished with the downstairs housework(one radiator cover and 2 chairs to build first, but thats quick stuff)

I still need to rout the table top before attaching it. I think I'm going to stain the table to match the stool.

Table has been put together but now LOML doesn't want me to stain it dark to match the existing stool. She wants to keep it light to fit in with the rest of the room. I wanted to ask what others thought about finishing options. I've attached pictures from various angles. The table is pine.

Attachments

• kitchentable1.jpg
    kitchentable1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 84
  • kitchentable2.jpg
    kitchentable2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 18
  • kitchentable3.jpg
    kitchentable3.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 16
Table has been put together but now LOML doesn't want me to stain it dark to match the existing stool. She wants to keep it light to fit in with the rest of the room. I wanted to ask what others thought about finishing options. I've attached pictures from various angles. The table is pine.

I'd be inclined to go dark, since the countertops are dark, and some of the wood is, too, but if that's not what SHE wants, then you pretty much don't have a choice, do you? :D:D