And so it begins

That is pretty ingenious there Chuck!! Larry, thanks for the picture, have not seen these before. So, is there a liner in them Chuck? For those of us interested in owning one, price?

That is pretty ingenious there Chuck!! Larry, thanks for the picture, have not seen these before. So, is there a liner in them Chuck? For those of us interested in owning one, price?

Yes there is a liner we'll get there soon enough.:thumb:
There's a lot of work to be done before we talk liners.:thumb:
As for price the wife and I are still hashing that out.:thumb:

Ok so all the blanks are now glued up and cut to length.
Pic one a lesson in which tape is better to use the blue tape had to be replaced almost every time the blank came out of the clamp. The duck tape was put on at the start and is still good.
2 last blank in the clamp.
I thought I would show all the jigs that have been made to make these fine drinking vessels.
Of course there is the clamps in the first 2 pics pic 3 is the jig for drilling the handles.. pic 4 is the jig that was just made for drilling the mugs center bore. Pic 5 is the jig for drilling the mug to attach the handle.
Pic 6 and 7 are of some draws that I put in while waiting for glue to dry. Had a client decide they wanted a bar sink and a cook top in there island. That meant the draws had to go to make way for the new appliances. And I just don't under stand why they wanted the draw fronts back on the cabinets. So I tossed some plywood ones on them.
8 is the live center adapter. Yup had to make that too.
9 mug all round I chuck them up on this first to take the bulk off and get them balanced.
10 cut a tenon on the mug so it will chuck up in the big lathe for the next step.

Attachments

• tn_mugs day3 007.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 007.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 84
  • tn_mugs day3 016.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 016.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 83
  • tn_mugs day3 015.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 015.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 84
  • tn_mugs day3 014.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 014.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 79
  • tn_mugs day3 013.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 013.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 74
  • tn_mugs day3 012.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 012.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 77
  • tn_mugs day3 011.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 011.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 78
  • tn_mugs day3 010.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 010.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 76
  • tn_mugs day3 009.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 009.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 81
  • tn_mugs day3 008.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 008.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Here's one of the batch all cut up waiting for the next step

Attachments

• tn_mugs day3 017.JPG
    tn_mugs day3 017.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 85
You where closer on the gallons the first time Don. It will take about 14.9 gallons to fill them all. Each mug will be right around 18 oz.:thumb:

Hope he finishes the mugs before he starts sampling their abilities!!!!:D

There abilities before they are finished would be to funnel the barley pop on to the floor.:doh::doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And according to our ambassador they seem to have a small problem once finished. He can't seem to keep the pop in them. he says "they leak, cause he knows I didn't drink that all already":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: