My Temp shop

Don Baer

Staff member
While I am waiting for the new shop eith attached house to be built I am working out of the front half of a 2 car garage. My DC is on wheels and I wheel it out in the driveway when I need it. Here the pics.

Temp Shop 1.jpg Temp Shop 2.jpg

Temp Shop 3.jpgTemp Shop 4.jpg

Not shown is my Ollie and the soon to be mine 8" Shop fox joiner..:D

Don, when I moved from AZ to Sc, I had a temp shop and it worked well. You will be extremely happy when the perm spot is done, but a least you can work.

It looks like a good set-up to me. Certainly better than any of the temporary shops that I had over the years. You say that you only have the front half of the garage but it looks to me like you are occupying more than that. What is in the back half of the garage?

It's this one. Dang good saw for the money, IMHO. It has a lot of Rikon-ness...not sure who manufactures it for Sears.

Don, the whole place looks too clean, but I understand you're in borrowed space, so I'll let it slide. :D

Ok. I opened up the lower left pic, and seen what looked like a huge bandsaw.

Then I discovered, after your post, the top pic shows the other side of the same saw.:eek:

Hey Don!
Here is my first shop. Boy what a mess. :rofl: I sure did have a lot of fun in that shop. It's half the reason I have emphysema today. I lived buried in sawdust for four years. Wish I knew then what I know today. :huh:

Shop2.jpg
Shop1.jpg

I even had HAIR back then. :rofl:

DT