Turning Road Trip in June

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Heads up, folks!

I have enrolled in the box making class with Mike Stafford at JCCFS in June. I have decided to drive and tow my little 5x8 flat trailer. No telling what "stuff" may follow me home! Always open to chocolate and cherry flavored wood. Maple favored is nice too. But then aren't they all!

Exact travel dates not yet determined. The class is from Sunday, June 13 through Saturday, June 19.

The route is from Strawberry, AZ to Brasstown, NC. I do prefer driving U.S. and state highways as opposed to the interstates. I get there much more relaxed and often in as little time. There is more to see along the way and a pace in which to enjoy it. There are also far fewer speeding long distance truckers and fewer folks in a real big hurry!

So, two things, as I plan. If someone else is thinking about going and is along the way or is willing to meet me along the way, I would love to share the driving and gas money.

Second, I love shop visits.

Packing my pillow and blanket, just in case. :D

Any takers?

well carol if you went the way i sometimes go and went north to get south your welcome up in michigan,, and we got a nice quilt for your stay warm with while there:) but think your GPS works better than mine did:)

Hi Carol,
I think you posted this once before about the John C Campbell school.... if you're dragging a trailer come by and I'll see what I have to go to AZ with you.... by June I may not have much Flame Box elder left if I do you'll be welcome to some of it, and might have some spalted maple and a bit of Hackberry... don't have any Chocolate, but might by June...
I have to start cutting up some of the wood I have piled behind the shop before I start losing it....

I'm about an hour and half away from John C Campbell, just over the mountains into TN on off highway 68 just outside Tellico Plains.. we're actually about 6 miles north of TP.... Coming in from Brasstown, we're a lot easier to find than the way Larry came when he stopped by last year... if you decide to come by, PM me and I'll give you phone and directions to the house...Dianne and I would love to have you come by...

I did post about my going to JCCFS earlier. Now I am trip planning.

I've begun a list as you folks post. We'll see what we can work in as June gets closer.

Larry, we'll talk when you are in Arizona in April. I may be coming to Indianapolis in September.

Carol,

I live near Springfield MO, (I44 and US 60 pass through).

Walnut, Eastern Red Cedar, Honey locust and other stuff--
Paul

I'm a bit out of your way, but "freeway close" near the intersection of Interstates 76 & 80 in Northeast Ohio. We'd love to have you drop by if you're anywhere close.

I did post about my going to JCCFS earlier. Now I am trip planning.

I've begun a list as you folks post. We'll see what we can work in as June gets closer.

Larry, we'll talk when you are in Arizona in April. I may be coming to Indianapolis in September.

Be sure you pencil me on your list... even have a bed if you need... it's only a sleeper sofa, but you're welcome to it.

OK. Two lists going here.

Larry and Jim are on the September list - if that trip materializes. The reason is not yet confirmed.

Thanks, Jay. I do know where you are, and yes, Chuck, you are on the June list.

This is going to great fun. I'll see if I can round up some "Arizona" wood to bring east.

Gee, Vaughn, I just had two Ponderosas blown down in my back yard in that last storm we had. Two 35 footers. You sure no one wants to turn these? :rolleyes:

No mesquite here in the mountains, Don. Got a lead on some?