What am I doing!!??

Jeff Bower

I haven't had enough time in the shop lately to do any turning, but I get out there for a few minutes here and there...I decided to play around with the planes I have inherited...turning is a slippery slope, and now hand tools have almost as steep of a slope for me.:eek::doh:

I tuned up a Stanley 110 and a Miller Falls No. 900 and made a few curlies with them last night. Still have a Stanley No. 7 and 3 other 110s to tune up and a cheaper smoother that want to turn into a scrub plane...hope to do that this weekend. :D

Attachments

• p_00212.jpg
    p_00212.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
  • p_00213.jpg
    p_00213.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
  • p_00214.jpg
    p_00214.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 48
ain't it fun, and ther only noise you hear is that soft swosh...:D:thumb:

I decided if I was in the shop, I thought I could stay warm doing this and that sound is a great one...swoosh!:D

i am PROUD of yu jeff!!! its a great feeling aint it:D:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Larry! :thumb: I told you about a friend that could help me get going...he gave me one of these and told me to google "scary sharp"...I have a cut on the end of my index finger to prove these planes are scary sharp too. :doh:

Hey Larry still pounding away at the flat work with that mallet are you?

I'll do the turning you just keep getting better & better at the flat work.

I still look back at pic's of that hope chest & wish I could do that well.

well bart that mallet got used just the other day on some corner chiseling:) i put your name on it so i can remember who made it for me:) and you can just step out and take the leap.. you wont fall far and if you do we all will help you back up:)

...turning is a slippery slope, and now hand tools have almost as steep of a slope for me.:eek::doh:

And you were silly enough to think that turning was addictive:rofl:
I have more planes than turning tools.:eek:
And now the handsaws are creeping in. Once you learn how to sharpen them and see how well they really work it's hard to stop.
At least I haven't started with chisles or bit braces yet.:D

Nice work on the tuneups !:thumb: