A Nuther Friday so whatcha got planned for the week end

Shop time tonight and some more sometime this weekend. I will be tuning a few more planes and also installing a new belt on my lathe.

Will need to check in on my dad too...ask him about his finger...it involves a TS. :eek: Don't worry he is fine, but it's the second time the same finger (1st one in 1965)

Spending the weekend with my daughter. Sledding party Saturday. And for the umpteenth time, teaching her how to clean up her messes. Wait, no pictures, no messes. If only it were that simple. :)

I've been nursing a nasty bad cold all week - finally clearing up pretty good - haven't had any shop time this week as a result. I'll take LOML out to dinner tonight (Friday) to start the weekend.

Saturday: I'll finish a couple of updates to my vacuum pump system. I have a project for which I'll need to make some 6" diameter column. Of course, the NASCAR Bud Shootout will be on the tube in the evening.

Sunday: The usual lazy morning going through the newspaper over our coffee and tea. I'll prepare brunch for us, then maybe toss a couple of steaks on the grill for dinner, weather permitting. Oh, yeah - might tune into the halftime show for 'the game'. Is Janet performing this year??? :rofl:

("The Who" should put on a good show!) :thumb:

Last edited:
Turning some pendants for all the ladies in the family and then snuggling up in front of the fire with some Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select.

Hearing from the Boss that we are going to see "Tooth Fairy' tonight. Shop tomorrow. Wanting to build a crosscut sled and an adjustable dado jig for the router. Sat night watch the shootout. Sunday, church, shop and then rumor has it there is a football game on.

..............Still excavating the pole barn, got lumber stacked all over and need to move stuff so I can move other stuff so I can........eventually stack the lumber in the loft so I can free up floor space to fix the lack of brakes on my wood truck so I can go get more lumber.........Hope my son gets his motorcycles fixed and removed from the barn. Probably be so tired from moving stuff I'll have to watch the last football game...............

Looking forward to a break. I'm beginning to wonder how I ever had time for a full-time job. :)

Planning to clean up the garage some tomorrow. Have some good-will items to drop off, shred about 6 boxes of old paperwork, and maybe throw together a napkin holder.

Superbowl party with friends on Sunday.

Hoping, praying it will be warmer than forecast say so I can get the Hammerite paint on the mobile base. If not, I'm off to get some dark green latex and paint the well the saw will sit in so I can assemble the mobile base and maybe get it under the saw. Also need to work some more on the DC piping change so I can get it hooked up to the new saw, and the old saw.
Tried to pick up the Hammerite paint I ordered after work...can you believe a home center that closes by 6:00???? I was dumbfounded. Hope to sleep late tomorrow. Jim.

With our daughter back in Arkansas, we are happy to have visit time with her when we can. This a.m. we are driving the three hours to her house, will stay two nights and watch Super Bowl together Sunday.
But, next week have a bunch of civic organization committments to work on, plus an article for the state historical studies association I have been commissioned to write must get done. And, hopefully, by end of week the shop will be tolerably warm enough to actually do something.