Family WWing traveling plaque

I vote we con Toni into carving one.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hand carved beats laser every time. Sorry Pete.:thumb:

No problem, and I agree that hand carved is better but they both have their place.

I wish I could carve or even draw anything near what I can do with a laser.

When people say I am an artist I correct them and tell the I am a technican.

I need to see something that I can copy into a computer usable form. Then let the laser go at it.

Laser work is not as easy as using an inkjet printer as some people think but it is not art.

If I can help (in a technical way) just ask. I quess it is wood working at about the same level as a CNC router.

Also don't forget Stu has the carver in the dungeon.
Hmm, three types, three styles, three times the fun?
Wasn't it Virgil that did the lion? Yeah, chainsaw plaque might get heavy and expensive to mail!!:rofl:

I made this for a craft swap some time back.

I shipped it off to one of the Family members.

I made it out of Cherry - I thought it looked real nice.

Anyway - I still have the program.

It's a bit of work, but I could make another for the group if ya wanted it.

I don't log in here all the time, so if ya all want one, email me of PM me, I have email updates for PM turned on.

Attachments

• family-1.jpg
    family-1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 22
  • family-2.jpg
    family-2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 22
  • family-3.jpg
    family-3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 29
Carol,
I sent a global flat rate box to a friend in Ireland & it cost me almost $45. It was loaded with about 15lbs of wood & stuff. USPS rates are still way cheaper than UPS, Fedex etc...

I may have sold my big Terrco Dupli Carver but I still have another in the garage. It is a smaller model. I have never used it but it is there. Plan is to try signs as it does flat thingys (supposedly) quite well. Need an original to trace from.