New to this forum

Mike Mathieu

Hi everyone
My name is Mike and I live in Midlothian ,Va. I've been lurking around this site for a couple of weeks so I thought I would formally introduce myself. I've been woodworking for over 20 years and am the owner of Woodworking Plus. I do all sorts of woodworking including furniture repair, refinishing, small custom furniture and other projects but my passion is intarsia. I started creating intarsia way back in 1992 after reading an article in Wood magazine by Judy Gayle Roberts about how to make pictures using only the natural colors and grains of different woods. I began creating my own patterns and introduced my Intarsia Project Kits through Leichtung Workshops and several other catalog companies and through the years have sold over 15,000 of my kits to woodworkers throughout the world. At the present time I am concentrating on doing finished pieces such as Custom pet urns, keepsake boxes and wall art. Hope to hear from some of you ,and hope to become an active member of this site.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. I'm sure that I will chime in to either ask questions or to offer any advice. This looks like a nice down to earth place to spend a little quality time.
Thanks