Hey Wayne Bower

Don, this was one of the stupid moments in my life. 2 weeks ago, late Sunday afternoon, I thought I would finish up some small pieces for a new grinding jig that I was making. Broke my own rules for the shop :eek:, never be in a hurry, and don't try to work when you are tired. Anyway, while trying to cut a small piece I got a little to close with my finger. Since we had just moved to Des Moines in July we weren't sure where the emergeny room was:huh:. Call to daughter and away we went. No stiches but I think I lost part of the nail and some flesh. Healing well as I can type now and I have finished up the jig I was making and it works very well.
I guess, thanks for asking. I will talk to the little bird.

well wayne it was in the air:) and it was about the same time so dont feel left out.. i too had a close one, and i too was making jig when i did it.. a 4"x4"x1/4" ply can dig in deep quick.. laid it open good and about a 3/8" deep flap.. put it back in place and taped it up and then got bandaged..its all better now.. and the new meat spot is tender.. i think it needs another 50 yrs of abuse to get caught up on the calusing.. so even younger ones can do dumb stuff too wayne:)

It really must be in the air. I also had a close one, but I knew it was probably coming as my blade had started to burn a little in the kerf marks (guess that is what I get for cutting aluminum with it). No blood, just a close call with a small kick. I did get a new blade after that, but need to look at putting a splitter on too. Glad to hear yours wasn't more serious.

...I will talk to the little bird.

Little bird? Heck, it was a Superbowl commercial. :rolleyes: :p Glad it was no worse than it was.
thumb6.gif

Glad it wasn't like mine.:D They really don't hurt that much when you do it...

But on the plus side, your manicures at the beauty salon are now 10% quicker. :D