Cash for Appliances

Curious to me why the government would be handing out 'rebates' for new refrigerators and freezers, but not electric dryers...especially when washers are on the list as well. :huh:

Curious to me why the government would be handing out 'rebates' for new refrigerators and freezers, but not electric dryers...especially when washers are on the list as well. :huh:

Maybe to fufill the quote of not using CFC gas on the freezing systems, and having a chance to get rid of those that still use them because they are old?

I don't think electric dryers have improved in efficiency much recently, but washers (especially the front-load models) use less water than in the past. I believe that's why they're considered "green" but dryers are not.

That's my guess and I'm stickin' to it. :D

Last I heard the rules for that program were going to be by state too--each state was given the money to set up their own program. But I'd guess Vaughn is right. Dryers dry faster now not because they are better but because the new washers spin more water out of the clothes.