so what are you doing for your sweeties on Valentines day?

allen levine

for 25 years I bought my wife roses. Then around 10 years ago, I got cheap, and decided 50 bucks for flowers, or 15 bucks for chocolate, or teddy bears is such a waste of money.

We decided to go away to Atlantic City for a couple of days as a present to ourselves.

I told her tonight I didnt feel right about not getting her anything on a more personal level. She told me the trip is enough.
I decided when I run over to Harbor Freight on Monday, Im going to get her a rolling toolbox.
She wasnt too thrilled about it. Maybe I shouldnt have ruined the suprise.

This is a family site..... :D so I can not (will not) not share with you.

errrrrrr --- maybe that is just a wish on my part! :rofl:

My wife has been complaining that for the past few weeks it has been taking forever for her bathroom sink to drain properly -- so her request for Valentines Day is that I fix it. Taking the "P" trap off and cleaning it out properly will take 5 minutes tops. However, moving all the sundries that she has stored under there will take 20! :doh:

Being the romantic fool that I am, I may just go ahead and install a new toilet kit (flapper, siphon valve, etc.) in her bathroom as well. In order to receive the proper amount of "credit" for my hard labor ;), is simply leaving empty parts box in the bathroom garbage can to subtle or do I need to tell her what I did? :huh:

Last edited:
LOML found a computer desk on CL for her studio anex (remember the Pink Room redo?) We'll go look at it, bring it home unless it's junk. Photo looks good.
Were going to go out to Weatherford to eat lunch, but desk is in opposite direction, so will go to Olive Garden instead. Then, I get to take out the table she's been using, and put the desk in and wire the computer back up. At least I have a TV in there and can watch the Olympics while I'm at it. :thumb: Jim.

This is a family site..... :D so I can not (will not) not share with you.

errrrrrr --- maybe that is just a wish on my part! :rofl:

eh,I stopped wishing. I get promised every birthday, new years eve, valentines day, and a few other days a year.

I did get a hersheys chocolate bar waiting for me on my desk just now. Im not complaining.

I flew to Indiana to be with my valentine. Tonight we will dine at Tippacanoe place. There is a NY strip steak calling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Valentine got a heart-shaped shallow bowl with a natural edge and a card that I designed and printed at home. We had already agreed not to buy gifts for each other this year, but there was nothing in the rules about making one. ;)

Today was honey's choice -

We went to one outdoor (covered) Flea Market and a number of Antique stores around the Lambertville NJ / New Hope PA area.

We had lunch at an area diner and she picked up a couple of things she saw and liked.

She gave me a box of Oreo Cookies an I gave her a bag of Dove Milk chocolate bars.

A good time was had by all.

Cheers

Jim