Table and birdfeeder

Dan Pierce

I finally finished the table I had been working on and solicited feedback a couple times. I decided to go with the original plan of painting and distressing and got a wipe on poly to give it a nice sheen. I felt like the paint wasn't durable enough, maybe because I didn't prime it first? Either way, my wife is happy and that's all that counts. :thumb: And if it does need to be refinished, I'll just take the top off and start from scratch. :rofl:

Also built a new cedar birdfeeder this weekend since the last one I built was more form over function. This one has hinges to open the top for refilling.

Attachments

• kitchentable6.jpg
    kitchentable6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62
  • kitchentable7.jpg
    kitchentable7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 60
  • birdfeeder2.jpg
    birdfeeder2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 65
  • birdfeeder5.jpg
    birdfeeder5.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 71
  • birdfeeder7.jpg
    birdfeeder7.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the comments!

I bet the birds and the squirrels will be very happy! :D

Supposedly, squirrels can't climb pvc pipe but I'll put a slinky around the pipe to discourage them if I have to. But if they can jump from the rail, then I am screwed. :doh: I made a squirrel feeder at our last house, but didn't put it up when we moved. I didn't realize how gross it was until I borrowed the hinges for the bird feeder and will probably make another squirrel feeder like this for the yard when I have time.

http://home.grandecom.net/~lrstirm/sqfeeder1.html

Nice work Dan> table is in style :thumb: for sure and the feeder will give you and the family many good times in watching .....:thumb: :type:.