I thought some of you knuckle draggers might get a kick out of this

Do you think the come-on's "it was my granddad's.." or "it was my dad's..", etc., are really true? Or do you think it is a ploy to convince you, that they are not a "professional" seller? If it was my "granddad's", "dad's", etc; I would be ashamed to let anyone know that I was selling my heritage. Maybe just me, but I always wonder when I see it.

When guys came into my gunshop to sell guns they always said, "This was grandpa's gun."
Of course, I always gave them more money because of that. :rofl::rofl:
But, regardless, that's an interesting plane. It is a plane, isn't it? ;)

Or perhaps they have no interest in woodworking and figure Gramps would prefer to see the tool used instead of displayed.

it would be nice to have and i agree with bill,, no way would i sell it.. my grandad or dad would have my hide for sellun the heritage.. sweet display piece in my eyess chuck your just to lucky:)

It's not mine just some guy on CL
The only hand me down tools I got from my dad where ones I gave him.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ok the only good ones I got:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've got two of those, they are rather common on ebay and not so expensive, I think I got mine for about 40$:dunno:

The main problem is that most of those plough planes are sold with only one blade and to make good use of them it is good to have the full set of blade widths. You can get blades on ebay but then it adds up to total price.

The more sought after ones are those that have the fence supports threaded, specially if the thread or the nuts are not broken which is often the case.

My five cents...