S curved Tool Rest

Dan Mosley

Im thinking that with a S curved tool rest i would do the inside curves easier on the bowls i turn. Does anyone know where to buy one at a decent price? or who makes them?.........Thanks Dan

I'd recommend the Oneway curved bowl rests. They're not "S" shaped and not inexpensive, but they're the best ones I've used. I have some modular 1" round bar curved rests, and the Powermatic S-curve rest, and the Oneway beats them hands down for stability (compared to the modular ones) and usability (compared to the Powermatic rest).

I love modular tool rests, I purchased one from Woodcraft and two other internet providers who all had sales on different accessories and all had free shipping. I have two posts (two different lathes), and three bars plus a flat platform.

The Lee Valley and Woodcraft one are the same they just differ by price. Depending on who has what on sale you can save some money by careful shopping. Woodcraft is having free shipping and $10 off $75 orders so I got mine there. Lee Valley has better prices if you are local but shipping costs puts them of of the picture.