great big toy

TsarCannon.jpg

big remote control toy

Since last year's ice storm, I have had this big stump in the yard. Several suggestions on how to get rid of it proved impractical. Finally, the idea of a stump grinder came along. Called this guy who was recommended. He showed up with this big remote control monster. It is controlled just like a toy truck. Looked strange moving around with no driver. Did an excellent job in short time. The backside has a pusher blade that was used to push dirt into the hole to level. The little pile you see is mulch the operator suggested I use later to level the spot after it settles. He said this is a $55,000.00 machine. Except for the conversation afterwards, he was finished in well under an hour.

Attachments

• stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 64
  • stump grinder.jpg
    stump grinder.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 72
  • stump gone.jpg
    stump gone.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 65
We have quite a few "tree trimming outfits" in our area, along with chippers, bucket trucks and saws, they have stump grinders, but all I have ever seen hook to a pickup like a trailer, you back it into place then it can move side to side and up and down, back also on its own rails. Never saw one like you pictured, would have bet it cost more than you stated. I had one ground near my drive, graveled over and it is part of the parking spaces we use daily, no problems. Mine was a hundred bucks also and as you stated, money well spent.

That looks a lot safer (and easier) than the monster that a guy used on LOML's stumps. Five stumps in about 6 hours including setup (safety shields) and clean up (place looked great when he left). But man, was he wringing wet with sweat after handling that self propelled (but not self steering) monster.