Medical electronics has sure come a long ways....!

I started working on CT scanners 34 years ago and MR scanners 22 years ago. I have seen a lot of changes and improvements along the way!

I got some ultrasound pictures emailed to me today.

My youngest son and wife are expecting twins in the next 6 weeks.

They don't want to know prior to birth..the genders ....so today they sent these ultrasound photos of the twins...

I give you Baby A.....Baby B....and no more photos please!

Baby A.jpg

baby B.jpg

nomorepicsplease.jpg

That's amazing Ken!

Just 9 years ago when my youngest was born I couldn't tell what anything was on the ultrasound. Apparently the tech couldn't either because until the second he was a she.:D

Congrats, Ken. :thumb: Instant family for the proud parents, huh?

But this "Baby A" and "Baby B" stuff has gotta stop. :rolleyes: They'll catch way too much flak on the playground with names like those.

I vote for "Cletus" and "Hildegard". :D

The kids have names picked out.....depending on whether they are 2 boys....two girls......or one each. They won't tell tell the LOML and I what those names are.

I had a baby A and a baby B...
A word of advice for the new parents.....
NEVER EVER EVER tell them who was born first
Seriously

Congrats Ken, and yes, that is amazing!

you know, we had names picked out for our girls as well (we did not peek and we did not know boy or girl ahead of time) but once we met them face to face, the names we had picked went out the window, and new names just came to us :dunno:

Congratulations Ken. Pictures are amazing and the technology even more so. This brings back memories of being in the room when the baby arrived and first thing i did was to check for all the toes and fingers.:D I was not so worried about the sex more that everything was where it should be. Must be pretty crowded in that womb.;)

Yes - we have come a long way.

My Dad's favorite story is that when my mother went to deliver her first child (in the UK in the early 60's) they went to a mid-wife for the delivery.

The delivery was going very slow so they transferred her (while in labor) to a local hospital. She eventually delivers a healthy baby baby boy. After a short period of time they determine that the placenta isn't coming out as expected. The OB/GYN does some investigation and turns to my Dad and says - Ahah that explains it - your having TWINS. They had no idea till the delivery that she was pregnant with twins.

Best wishes with your grandkids Ken

Cheers

Jim

Rob,

Your "fingers and toes" story is directly applicable to my youngest son..the father of the twins.

My wife birthed him 6 minutes after I got her to the hospital. Two nurses delivered him. The doctor didn't get there until later. When the nurse brought him out wrapped up in a blanket and offered to let me see him before she cleaned him up.....that's exactly what I asked her.

Seems like yesterday....Now in his late 30's...he will be a father for the first time....and it's twins....