For those of us that didn't know, carrots can fly!!

Jim O'Dell

Anyone watch the half pipe competition last night on the Olympics coverage?? Shaun White is not human, that's all I can say. All the competitors are awesome athletes, but Shaun in incredible in what he brings.
Good day for the USA team. Lots of talented men and women giving it all for their countries. Hope everyone everywhere is enjoying the games. Jim.

I haven't watched it yet (recording the whole Olympics on the DVR...may take me a couple months to watch it all), but I always get a kick out of watching Shawn. Great combination of intense and laid back, all at the same time. :thumb:

Our daughter worked in a ski shop in Colorado Springs until moving back to Arkansas.
She says that when new Shaun White merchandise came in the crowds of kids went nuts to buy it up as quickly as possible. His goggles are especially popular.
According to one of those profiles NBC does on the athletes, White is very wealthy from his notoriety and clothes businesses. He owns a mountain side and has his own half-pipe built on it for practice out of the public eye. His commuter 'car' is a helicopter.