Personal Gloat!

Pete Jordan

After my old chainsaw died last fall I knew I was in need of another.

This is what I bought today. A Stihl 460 with a 28" bar.

As the saying goes, It cuts like butter!

Attachments

• DSC01158.jpg
    DSC01158.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01159.jpg
    DSC01159.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 52
Well, I don't know why you didn't buy a big one......:D

Nice saw !!

cheers

John

kinda what i thought:) i have cut a couple trees down and hacked off some firewood with a stihl 440 and its got 20" bar.. that works out to a 40" log and they done make alot of them.. he must have short arms john or will have soon:)

Congrats on the saw, Pete. That's a real hoss. :thumb: When I got my MS390, I got the 24" and 18" bars. I use it in the short mode the most, but it's nice to be able to go bigger if I need, and I have had several occasions to so do.

From the looks of your picture, I'd say you're gonna need to bulk up a bit before you use that new saw much. I always envisioned you as being a bit older and taller, with bigger arms. :D

Amazing how one day of work can change a new saw's appearance isn't it!? I wish I had a picture of my Stihls before they got used/abused/dropped/used again! Nice saw, now that you have shown us your delimbing saw, what'cha using to cut the tree down with???:rolleyes:

Pete,
Congrats on the saw.... that would really give me fits after wrestling with it for a bit.... I spent about 3 hours yesterday on the end of my little Craftsman 18".. with a brand new chain.. and I'm sore in all the wrong places today...

A chainsaw story:

A city boy moved to the country and went into the hardware store to buy a chainsaw. He told the clerk that he had 10 acres with about 100 trees he wanted to cut and the trees were small maybe 2" in diameter at the most.

The next day he returned to the store with the chainsaw and told the clerk that he needed something better. He said he spent 4 hours cutting trees and only managed to cut 3 trees down.

The clerk took the saw, pulled the cord and the saw immediately took off making its "chainsaw noise".

The customer looked in amazement and asked "what is that noise?

I know it's corny, It was funny when I first heard it

Jiggs Elphison