Niki Passed

it isnt surprizing the last i talked with him he had been having some health issues,, had some tests ran and was just recovering from them. he wil be missed if he is gone..

I participate in another forum where one of the members got an email from Niki's wife Regina.

After a long illness Niki passed away.

I have no more information than that.

I think it's a pretty reliable message.

I thought Niki was more involved here - but I guess he posted all over the place.

Not to steal any thunder or try to get anyone to switch forums - but, we had a poster share this at another forum. It is a nice compilation on Niki's postings.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17581

I think his postings were of the best I have ever seen. I will miss him.

Larry - do you know what his illness was?

just going on memory here but i think it was colon cancer, i too wil miss him alot ,,had several pms back and forth with him even though he wasnt posting here.. just checkin in.. his methodolgy and attention to detail in everything he made was superb.. he shared himself with anyone that was in need of it and appreciated him.. a good model for us all..

Sad news indeed. Thanks for letting us know, Leo. Because of the Internet, he was able to share his brilliant ideas with woodworkers and tinkerers around the world, and those ideas will continue to inspire us for many, many years.

At the bottom is an email that Regina sent out to some people that Niki had in his email address book.

I never was that close to Niki as for him to have my email.

I have been around many woodworking forums today - and the word is spreading.

It's **Amazing** just how many people Niki touched with his vast willingness to share his knowledge.

I had another woodworking friend that was a true talent, and openly shared his skills and humor. Some of you know him as Limey, or Robert Bolton. His best statement was "A candle looses nothing while lighting another". Words so true.

Niki's candle - lit thousands of other candles. He did not loose his flame. Along with Limey - their flames live on.

Niki was -- all over the world -- and shared openly his knowledge and experiences.

He took the time, to photograph, to test, to experiment, to document, and to share. In a post at one forum I visited today - Niki, responded to some compliments with --- "If ONE person gets benefit, and appreciates what I have done - then I am happy".

Well - Niki - THOUSANDS, of people all over the world - morn, at loosing you.

For me - Niki greatly impressed - that I don't need to go running out to the store every time I need something.

-----Original Message-----
>From: nissim avrahami
>Sent: Feb 20, 2010 1:14 AM
>To:
>Subject:
>
>I am very sorry to inform you that Niki has passed away on the 17th of february after long illness & was crimated yesterday.
>
>In deep sorrow His wife
>Regina Avrahami
>

If anybody knows how to get a message to Regina Avrahami, please send her a link to this thread. I think she might like to see comments from a few of the thousands of people Niki helped and inspired around the world.

I'm sad to hear of this, but thank you for posting Leo. Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family. He was always willing to share his ideas. I always enjoyed his posts and the step by step pictures he posted.

If anybody knows how to get a message to Regina Avrahami, please send her a link to this thread. I think she might like to see comments from a few of the thousands of people Niki helped and inspired around the world.

Vaughn and all,

There are forum threads like this one pasted all over all the forums that I know of - and I would easily bet many many more I don't know of.

I don't know Regina's email address, but I am pretty sure by now - she knows! - - - - she knows.

I am sure at Niki's funeral, the place was packed.