first on new lathe

Ain't much. Small beech bowl i ruffed out about 3 months ago. Was really warped so didn't think i would ever finish it.Well i said what the heck i got to turn something.:D As it was so plain i thought i'd burn a line in it for some contrast. Still needs at least 1 if not 2 more coats of finish.Wife likes it so that's good.;)
Here's a pic on the lathe and one with a coat of laquar.
As always comments welcome pos. or neg.
Steve

Attachments

• 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 014 [800x600].JPG
    014 [800x600].JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 51
My god man you call that a bowl? :doh:
You better get that lathe out of your shop now. So while you still got all the boxes pack it up and send it north:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have my address:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
No the bowl looks good Stephen well done:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Looks like the new lathe is working just fine. :thumb: Congrats on the first of what should be many pieces.
i'll get out there in a few and give it a real test but seems to be doing good so far.:D
Well done!! label it and put in a prominent place in your home...
Paul i have to many in the house already, so i'm sure i'll give this to the first person that likes it.:thumb:

Very nice bowl. Sign it, date it and keep it for comparison a year or so down the road.
i should but it was just turned to get the lathe dirty.:rofl:

Looks great, your wife likes it, you are hitting on all cylinders for sure! :thumb:
Thanks Stuart. She is starting to become my worst critic. Ofcorse that's a good thing as if she likes it that meens more now.:thumb:

My god man you call that a bowl? :doh:
You better get that lathe out of your shop now. So while you still got all the boxes pack it up and send it north:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have my address:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
No the bowl looks good Stephen well done:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Don't call it much of a bowl:eek::rofl::rofl:. like i said it was just done to dirty up the lathe.I guess i could send the old lathe up there as i have a feeling it's gonna get real lonely sitting over in the corner.(not):rofl::rofl: