Lowes - Strike 2

Dan Mosley

I stopped at Lowes today and wanted to pick up a couple buffing wheels. I was looking for some small ones for a buffing machine i got from a garage sale awhile back. Also decided to pick up some 0000 steel wool that im low on and low and behold they told me they did not carry either item.
Interesting enough they carried the coarser type of steel wool but not the finer - they also carried larger thin buffing wheels and arbor sold seperately.
So I guess its back to the web to find some small buffing wheels - anybody got a good source ? maybe HF ?

Attachments

• Buffing Machine.jpg
    Buffing Machine.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 39
Kirk I agree and next trip I will say something but ill check one more time to make sure they didnt just run out. However in the paint section the bins were tight together and the other 0'ts were there just not the 0000. The only person I asked was the one near the blinds because nobody else was around (suprise..)...............

I believe that you got caught up in the 80/20 rule, where 80% of their profits come from 20% of the inventory. The bean counters tell buyers to delete items not "A" items; top 20%.

I went there to get a 1" and 2" hair paint brush with a flat (not tapered) bottom. I asked the employee if they had any. His answer was "I don't know, if it's not over there, then we don't have it!" I can't use "Chip Brushes", so it's out for more searching.

Bruce

Now you know why I do not go to (s)Lowes any more. You never know what they will or won't have and the employees don't seem to care. I had one who did try to find what I was looking for one time. He couldn't find it so left to find someone who could answer my question. I waited 20 minutes and gave up. Walked around the corner and found the first guy talking to another customer and heard those same words, "I don't see it but I'll be right back with someone who can answer that."

I'll pay a bit more if I can find it at the local guys store every time.

Doug - I agree but im stuck.....no more local small hardware stores they have all closed up....leaving me with Lowes or Home Depot......However, I buy over the web alot of times to.................ahhhhhh well

lowes strike 2

Go to HF if theres one near you or even one of those flea markets.Those buffing wheels are all the same and you can even pick up the SW.there.(cheaper too)