Amazing Staircases

Dan Mooney

This one would be confusing at first.
Start with the wrong foot and you are in trouble.
image001.jpg

Amazing Iron Work
image003.jpg

Up. Thou shalt not waste space. looking up the staircase
image004.jpg

now looking down
image005.jpg

makes me seasick
image006.jpg

Well, maybe not.
image007.jpg

Not too keen on this one looks tricky
image008.jpg

Where is this one? I want to see this.
image014.jpg

From the inside
image015.jpg

And finally
Escalator.jpg

Last edited:
I got an e-mail with these pics recently, and was meaning to post them. Ya beat me to it, but thanks, Dan. :thumb: Very cool work.

Great pics Dan. I think the bookcase one is real good. Might do that myself someday when my kids are out the house.:thumb:

And as for the question I ditto your question to Vaughn so me too Vaughn.:huh::dunno:

Without trying to get too detailed, when you see the thumbnail pic like this...

tada cat.jpg

...the picture is stored on our forum's server, and the forum software automatically creates the thumbnail. This is what you get when you use the little paperclip icon and "attach" your pics to your post.

On the other hand, when you see the full-sized pic with no thumbnail, it means the picture was not stored on our server, and is instead on another server somewhere out in Internetland. Here's the same picture, stored on one of my own websites...

tada%20cat.jpg

To display a picture like this, you click the little "Insert Image" icon (looks like a picture of mountains and the sun) and type the web address for the picture. It can be your own website, or something like Photobucket or one of the other similar sites.

To make matters more confusing, some of the photo hosting sites like Photobucket also provide a way to post a thumbnail image that will expand to the full size when the thumbnail is clicked. Since I don't use that method, I won't try to explain how to do it.

In general, the preferred method for posting pics (at least IMHO) is to use the paperclip icon and store the pics on our forum server. That way, we can be sure the pics remain available for others to see. (Some independent hosting sites come and go. We aren't planning on this site going anywhere in the foreseeable future.) ;)

There's a trick I use on this forum. I use the paperclip to upload the images, then add them to my post. Then I open up each picture in a new window, get the url to the picture (stored on the FWW server) and enter that url in include picture icon.

That does two things, 1, it stores the picture on the FWW Server, and 2, lets me show the picture full size in the post.... It's a bit of a roundabout way of doing things, but it works!

Thanks Brent, That's a brilliant way to do it! :thumb:

That's why you got the brains,
attachment.php

and I got the Looks! :rofl::rofl:

attachment.php

Hey it works! :thumb:

Attachments

• brainy.jpg
    brainy.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
  • funny_face_old_man.jpg
    funny_face_old_man.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 50
While all of them are visually striking, I consider some of them utterly dangerous and anti-ergonomic.

IMHO I do not share the idea that anything goes for the sake of just being unusual or "original", and more specially when those things are to be used.

Thanks Brent for that work around.

Hey Toni come on i expect more analysis from you than that. You not going to tell me you only design things that are highly practical and ergonomic are you?:D;)

I agree with the triangles on the side making steps but there are some very pleasing designs there.