The Rebirth of a Hoosier Cabinet, DONE, final pic

its DONE

ok Tom came over and took some pics and i got it done finally:) so here are the pics to prove it:) and i took them not tom :D:D
tn_frnt base.jpg

tn_left side complete.jpg

tn_right side.jpg

tn_left side base.jpg

so there yu have it:thumb: now i can concentrate on the tour:)

Pics are kool, but seeing in person:eek: OH YA:thumb: you did a great job on the hoosier Larry:D I wish the pictures showed the ray flecking better, the quarter sawn oak is just full of it, BEAUTIFUL for sure:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very nice! I'd like some details on the feet or bottom of the leg, if you will. A close up picture and some dimensions, please. I like the shape and want to play with it in a design of a laundry hamper I am working on. Thanks.

Well Larry, for such a...um...er...handsome?...yeah, handsome fella, you sure do nice work. :D

The whole thing came out looking beautiful. :clap:

Well Larry, you always exceed my expectations. That is really a master piece, be prepared to answer a lot of questions from an apprentice ( me) while in the tour:).

And here is the first one. As I'm not familiar with this type of furniture I wonder what is that semicircular piece of metal on the sides? Is it to attach to the top cabinet to the bottom one?
Could you post a close up pic?

So now that this one is finished, I look forward for my jaw to drop further with the next one. What will it be?:thumb::thumb:

Very nice! I'd like some details on the feet or bottom of the leg, if you will. A close up picture and some dimensions, please. I like the shape and want to play with it in a design of a laundry hamper I am working on. Thanks.

will do carol, and toni the semi circular brackets are there to allow for the top to slide out for baking surface the top slides out a additional 12" along with the 2 little drawers.

That came out just beautiful. What was your finishing method? That oak looks great. That is sure to be passed down from one generation to the next as a treasured piece . . . just beautiful.

That came out just beautiful. What was your finishing method? That oak looks great. That is sure to be passed down from one generation to the next as a treasured piece . . . just beautiful.

2 coats of zinnser seal coat touch sanded in between, then sanded flat before
3 coats of lacquer, then sanded with scotch bright pad and then 0000 steel wool and wax, 3 coats of wax and rubbed out. i feel like the karatee kid,WAX on WAX off:) but it smooth now.

OH BOY that is BOOOTIFUll:thumb::)

I just love everything about that cabinet. Call me old fashioned or whatever i like it all.

I told you those legs are a hit.

I was also wondering what that bracket did. Now i know. Makes a lot of sense. Gotta show the wife this.

The recipient is going to be blown away for sure.

When is delivery date?? Ya gotta let us know the reaction. :)

Tom i am envious of you being able to see it up close. ;)

Most excellent Larry, wonderful Hoosier from a great guy to a deserving couple. What more could we ask for???? Now, don't drop it out of the back of the truck on the haul over there!!!!:eek::doh::doh::eek::(:rofl::rofl:

OH BOY that is BOOOTIFUll:thumb::)

The recipient is going to be blown away for sure.

When is delivery date?? Ya gotta let us know the reaction. :)

Tom i am envious of you being able to see it up close. ;)

rob, i gave her a peek at it on VDay in the raw state, that way i could get her thoughts on the final finish. She didnt catch on the first time when i asked what she thought the finish should be, she asked me to do what ever i thought.. i said to her, you dont understand ,,its yours and i am asking you what you want:) then she broke down fer abit.. it is supposed to be delivered tonight..if all goes well.. she was very appreciative the first round and i am sure she will be on this one too..kinda like seeing a cake in the raw state, it looks good but then when the frosting is on it it looks better:D

Larry, you really do good work! I am looking forward to our trip, because I will have a two week opportunity to discuss construction techniques and wood/grain selection with you. You really do have an eye for selecting wood and grain and placing them on the furniture in such a manner that it improves the overall appearance of the piece.

Wonderful Larry, you do nice work!

I did not even know of this type of cabinet, learned something new!

I think this boarders on being an appliance, as it certainly is much more than just a mere cabinet :D :thumb: