timed out?

Steve Ash

Just wondering if I have an option somewhere (CP?)that would exclude me from being timed out here on the forum. I will log in...do some work elsewhere and when I come back I have been logged off.

Thanks.

Dunno what to tell you...mine even stays logged on overnight when the laptop is in standby mode.

Have you got the "remember me" box checked next to where you enter your username and password?

Stu, cookies don't last long in this house, in fact the Mrs. made some chocolate chip oatmeal ones last night and they are about half gone. :D

J/K I'll check into it, it has to be on my end if no one else has this problem.

Thanks guys.

Steve,

What browser are you using? If you have more than one, does the site time out with both? Does any other site time out using the same browser you use here?

Have you tried logging out of here, and then relogging in? (this will clear the cookie for this site).

Greg

I have the same timeout problem. The FAQ talks about enabling cookies but I can't find anywhere in the CP to enable them
Dan
Didn't notice this was in OT I'll post to Site questions

Last edited:
Steve, as was suggested, it sounds like you need to check the "Remember me" box.

BTW, I took the liberty of moving this thread to the Site Questions forum. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mine kicks me out too. I'm using Foxfire, got the remember me checked, but I also have the browser set to clear cookins whan I logout. Seems to kick me out even if I don't log out:huh:

Steve, Karl knows you pretty well....I think he is on to something....:rolleyes:

But if it's not just FW picking on you...another possibility is:
Most internet security programs have a setting to delete cookies at selectable time intervals. Norton...CA etc...You might check there and up the time limit.

Mine kicks me out too. I'm using Foxfire, got the remember me checked, but I also have the browser set to clear cookins whan I logout. Seems to kick me out even if I don't log out:huh:

Ed,

When you "log out" normally, you close the browser window...[and] clear cookies .... You have set FF to do the same deleting, even if you don't manually log off the forum. That's why you have to log on again each time, and let the site re-install it's cookie.

I have the same timeout problem. The FAQ talks about enabling cookies but I can't find anywhere in the CP to enable them
Dan
Didn't notice this was in OT I'll post to Site questions

Dan, you enable "cookies" in your browser settings, usually under a preferences tab.