Paul Harvey, Good Day!

Ned Bulken

Just 'discovered' that Paul Harvey's daily news and info reports are available in streaming audio on his website. Both of his daily broadcasts, morning and noon.
I googled him the other day, and found his site. It was funny how Good it was to hear his voice. Work hasn't let me hear the local broadcasts for several years. I grew up listening to him on the way to school. And now I'm making it a habit to listen to his 'noon' broadcast, which is the 15 minute report daily.

I used to like to listen to him and I will admit that I do like his "The Rest of the Story" segments. But I've noticed that for quite a while now, Paul Harvey's "reports" are pretty much commercials interspersed with a little news. More often than not when you hear him on the radio you'll think that it's a news story but if you listen long enough you'll find that he's just hocking another product or service.

Just my .02

John

Cool...I'll have to remember to go look for it next time I miss the noon (11:45 here) broadcast. I try to catch it when I can. And I'd forgotten he did a morning broadcast, because I'm never up early enough to hear it. :rolleyes:

while entertaining his "rest of the story " segments are fictionalized to make it interesting , he did a couple of local segments that I was familiar with because of heavy local reporting and Paul's Segment had added/distorted elements to spice the story up a notch