Family WW Visit - Mike Henderson

glenn bradley

I swung by Mike Henderson's shop this morning to help him get a faithful old friend of his out of the way (I think his Saw Stop was jealous of his past relationship with his C-man contractor saw). I'll be using his old contractor saw as part of a mad experiment I have in the planning stages for a crosscut station.

Mike was kind enough to give me a tour of some of his work in his home. He has a really wonderful version of an expanding dining table and I took a seat in the most beautiful cherry rocker. I also got to see one of his Newport chests that was in the Fine Woodworking contest. If you haven't, check out some of his work here: http://www.mikes-woodwork.com/

Mike is a modest gentleman of obvious skill. His ingenious use of limited space has confirmed my worst fears; I am spoiled. . . spoiled rotten by my 20' x 30' workspace. Although I have made good use of portions of my space, I have been sloppy and wasteful in other areas. I now stand re-committed to my emergent reorganization plans. Thanks Mike, for the tour and the inspiration.

Proof of visit as per the Pic-Police rules:

Attachments

• Mike-H-visit-mod-2.jpg
    Mike-H-visit-mod-2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 146
Shame on me Larry. I hadn't been tracking the travel thread because I assumed it would all be on the right hand side of the country. You're gonna be out this way? I better go catch up on that thread.

weez gonna be at vaughns and somewhere close to venice beach where ever that is.. so from there we are headed back north up the coast.. you been sick and now we see your out running the roads and buying tools:rolleyes::rolleyes: what would yur employer think:)

Shame on me Larry. I hadn't been tracking the travel thread because I assumed it would all be on the right hand side of the country. You're gonna be out this way? I better go catch up on that thread.

Well Glenn, there is still time to rectify, if you can make it at Vaughn's place, I'll be glad to meet you there together with all the rest!:thumb:

you bet i had asked to see him proir, but the said at that time he was gonna be booked but maybe things have slacked off for him:) hey mike are you listening:):D:D:thumb: vaughn said you got a free ticket for supper

...vaughn said you got a free ticket for supper

And to be clear, that invitation is open to any of the other SoCal Family members, even if you've not been mentioned by name. Just drop me a PM to let me know you're coming, so I can be sure to have enough grub. :)

And to be clear, that invitation is open to any of the other SoCal Family members, even if you've not been mentioned by name. Just drop me a PM to let me know you're coming, so I can be sure to have enough grub. :)

seeing as how i work in a print shop i will print up a bunch of adoption papers so i can get many followers to drop in and be part of my family vaughn so plan on another mulitude..so that would be another limit of fish and some bread:)