Pendants

Well here are 4 more pendants and a set of earrings that I turned today. Top is Osage Orange 2" in diameter, two more purpleheart/maple combo 1 3/4" and below is a cherry pendant 1 3/4" with matching earrings 3/4". Finished with lacquer. I ordered another thin backer plate so I can mount smaller blocks for doing the earrings. I turned the cherry pendant without double stick tape as I just mounted a 2" X 2" X 3" long piece of cherry and turned the pendant. Worked really well. I think I may be in trouble as my wife thinks the cherry set will go like hot cakes.

Attachments

• Pendents and Earrings 1.jpg
    Pendents and Earrings 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 74
Beauties Bernie!! The matched earrings are really nice. I agree with your wife. Those sets will be greatly appreciated. While you can find a few wooden pendants in the stores, we couldn't find any with matching earrings.

Last edited:
Thanks Ted. Yes Ted you are right. We went to Denver this weekend to get my new bed cover and bed rug installed. So of course it was to the mall for shopping. While she was shopping I looked throughout the mall at different jewelry places and didn't see any matching sets. I did see a few wooden pendants but no matching earrings. So maybe these things will go well.

My faceplate is in the mail. Ted, I showed a pic of yours to LOML's favorite bead store. They want as many as I can make for classes...I need to retire.
Oh yeah, Beautiful work Bernie, great example to follow!

Thanks Jim. Since I retired on 12/31/09 I have started to wonder how I had time for a full time job.:rofl: I have as of last night 12 orders for the pendant/earring sets. Also the Art Gallery where my stuff is displayed and for sale wants 6 sets. So between those, a 10 piece salad bowl set, a canister set and my clock shop it just keeps me hopping.

Good looking pendants Bernie. The accent marks look very nice on those. This is a very good use of "plain" colored wood. Those should go like "hot cakes".

Tom

What brand of the double sided tape are you all using? I've got some that I got at HF and it's not very good. It doesn't hold very securely.

Do you get it online or locally?

Dan

Bernie,
what index settings did you use to get the "Frown Face" accents? I followed the video and had no problem reproducing the "Smile Face" ones
Thanks!

Jim I think it was #5. I have made myself now when I turn one of these to write down the holes I use. I just hadn't got back to that one or any of the first ones. So it's like I am starting over.