finally done

I got the caskets a done that I ws making for Precious Angels. I tried some different finishes and I don't really care for the way they turned out. I did learn some things. I used BLO and clear shellac on the shiney caskets and clear water poly on the others. I learned that for me that I would have to spray the shellac because of brush marks and overlap. The clear poly to me takes too many coats to get a smooth finish. I will try something else in the future or go back to the oil poly. A few pics of what I have done the past 2 months. I know I'm sloooooww.

Last edited:
good job Rex,, and we alllearn from our previous projects what works best for us..and finishing is no exception.. spraying shellac is easy and it cleans up well.. then the top coat can be done much faster spraying than brushing or wiping.

Rex nice , Little tip, when using Shellac it is best to use 50/50 and sand before re-coating. 3 to 4 coats will do then apply the BLO 50/50 3 to 4 coats sanding before re-coating. After the finial coat buff out.