new to me

I went shopping last saturday. I was looking for a drum sander to speed along sanding of the caskets that I make. I had heard that jet was having a sale this coming weekend with 10 -40% off. I am tied up on friday and saturday so I wouldn't have time to spend looking around. I dropped into Acme Tool and they had a clearance on some tools that they had used for a workshop idea that never took off. Everything was marked but the Delta drumsander. I had them give me a price and it was $500 off what they wanted for a new unit. This unit hasn't been used much. It was in the upstairs part of their showroom and they were too busy to get it down. They delivered it yesterday afternoon. I need to clean it up a bit, but I did give it a test run. I think that it will work out fine.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get to play with it much this weekend, but will find the time next week. I found that I need to tighten the drive belt. I already straightened the tracking on the belt to pull the board thru the unit. I might be a bit before I get to really use it as LOML thinks she needs another cabinet for the house.

I'm not going to get to play with it much this weekend, but will find the time next week. I found that I need to tighten the drive belt. I already straightened the tracking on the belt to pull the board thru the unit. I might be a bit before I get to really use it as LOML thinks she needs another cabinet for the house.

Rex, I'd say another cabinet is a fair trade off for a the new sander. :D