Heading to Iowa Monday

Jake has appointments with the Admissions and Engineering dept and NROTC Officer on Tuesday. I looking forward to the time with him and seeing my cousin again.
I think the boy is getting use to the idea of attending the school. He keep saying Iowa like it was a distant land , well Ya ! LOL. I told him you see what 4 years of the Academy did for you. Away from your friends and home , you made it work for ya. You will meet new friends and maybe one of them farmer daughter girls . LOL
So pray for me I hate flying :eek:

Hey Dave,

Not sure about the Ames and DSM areas but here in Cedar Rapids we have very little snow left. It's melted fairly rapidly over the past week and just minor flooding predicted.

Have a safe trip.

Hey Dave,

Not sure about the Ames and DSM areas but here in Cedar Rapids we have very little snow left. It's melted fairly rapidly over the past week and just minor flooding predicted.

Have a safe trip.

Same hear Dave...snow will be all gone by then, but there's a chance you'll have to take a detour to get to Ames as a river just south of downtown...probably will be running over the main road going north from the airport by sunday night/monday morning. :eek:

My cousin live very close to the river outside of Boone, she said the long driveway is a carnival ride LOL. Last time I flew in there was about 4 years ago in early December for a late season ML hunt and it was cold and snowing. Thank God for long runways , nothing like Reagen in DC :eek: The plane starts applying the breaks a few miles out.

I will come home to a new spray room tight and ready for work.

Anyway, I am having a spray booth room built while I am gone. I closed down one of the bays and consolidated my shop into one 30'x60' bay from 60'x60'. I've had 2 20yard dumpsters and I'm on my 3rd 10 yarders to fill with junk. It's amazing how much junk one collects over a 15 year period.
I had a good friend who is super anal about precise placements of things so I called him and told him I need his help figuring out the space and placement of all the tools. Phil jumped right on it. We spent 4 hours working it all out.

Last edited:
What a great tip. great campus, Jake had a good experience. With the tours and the NROTC meeting.

Bit of Info for you Alum of ISU

Do you know what is in the Water tower that is the courtyard at Engineering row ?
Something else it is also the oldest elevated water tower west of the Mississippi River.