The wood from Michigan.

Rob Keeble

Well a long time ago (thats what it seems like) a certain gentleman from Mi that we all know very well sent me a flatrate box with a plane and piece of turning wood.

So during this winter i set about trying to do something with it.

i am very embarrassed:eek: to say even after my previous mistakes i did it again.

Yup got the turning bit back to front and ended up with a hole in the wrong place. Well he also told me confession is good for the soul so i confess i messed up.

So here is the evidence again with my new toy wipe on poly. Soon the whole house will be covered in the stuff.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry about the pics i aint no fancy photographer.
in the raw with tennon on.jpg
final 1.jpgfinal 2.jpgfinal 3.jpg
bottom with plug.jpgshot from top with plug.jpg

Enjoy the laugh.:rofl::rofl::rofl::D:thumb:

So Rob! Here you have the proof of Larry's great heart and generosity, he even gives wood to the spinny guys!:D:D:D

BTW You're drifting fast into the vortex!:rofl::rofl::rofl: You are already picking their jargon:rofl::rofl:

Jokes apart, that piece looks good to me, a bit improvised if I may so;), but the point is that you enjoyed making it and that's the most important thing:thumb:

No laughing here. ;) Despite the hole and plug in the bottom, it looks like you got the inside finished nicely...no easy task with the sharp transition you have from side to bottom. :thumb:

Rob, that is really nice!! I like it, helps that I am not able or inclined to turn much more than pens. Great job on finish, good plug. If you had let me know, could turn threads on a dowel for you, you cut the threads on the bowl and viola! a leaky vessel! upon demand!!! :thumb::thumb: