Bath redo is OVER

I'm calling it done now, with the completion of three cabinets... all simple plywood boxes with beadboard sides and door panels to match the wainscoting. :thumb: And just to clarify, the door reveals don't look nearly as bad in real life as the do in these pictures. Not sure why they look like this unless it's a result of the flash... or the bad photographer. And yeah, the pink was my choice. :eek:

Over-john

bath1.JPG

Sink cabinet (because Jean wouldn't let me build a medicine cabinet into the wall... which would have been miles better, IMO). It looks too high... but I'd have to move the towel rack to lower it much. Didn't know I was making a cabinet when I put the towel bar in. :mad:

bath2.JPG

Towel cabinet

bath3.JPG

Just a pic of the store bought vanity (I put the beadboard on the end)

bath4.JPG

Door

bath5.JPG

The cabinets look good Kirk. I think they match your store bought one perfectly.

You sure about no finish? I like al naturale as well but in a bathroom i would worry about the wood absorbing moisture all the time and getting bent out of shape. Especially the pine.

Not worried. As long as LOML remembers to turn the fan on. All bets are off if she forgets. :eek:

I had cherry cabinets with beadboard plank door panels in the kitchen of the other house that had a single coat of WATCO and nothing else. No vent fan over the range either. After 12 years of cooking I didn't see any damage on the underside of that wall cabinet. Almost couldn't believe it... but there it is.