A Pilgrimage To The North

Dan Mooney

Well yesterday was my birthday, Thanks again to Darren and all of those that passed along glad tidings.

So I figured that what better to do today than to take my birthday Moolah and head North to the Great Green Monster. "The Grizzley Store" It's about a 5 hour drive from Portland, I drove it a lot cheaper than what shipping of the Jointer and the lathe would have cost. I really wanted the 8" spiral cutter jointer, but it was just too big for the space I have available in the shop so I settled for the 6".

And before you ask Don, Here are the Pic's! :thumb: :rofl:

Griz.001.jpg

Griz.002.jpg

Griz.003.jpg

Griz.004.jpg

Griz.005.jpg

Griz.006.jpg

Griz.007.jpg

Griz.008.jpg

Griz.009.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Nice haul Dan. I'm pretty green (no pun intended) over that lathe. Been debating about getting one for a while, not sure I have the room, but have my eye on a Ruger SR9C too.

Gee Dan, I was there a little after noon yesterday. I was there to pick up a router bit that I needed. We must have just missed each other.

wow, that's a long day! Or did you stop overnight?

Those are ginormous stores. Sure would like a spiral cutterhead myself. (Plane first, though, I think)

Gee Dan, I was there a little after noon yesterday. I was there to pick up a router bit that I needed. We must have just missed each other.

Sorry I missed you Bill, I should have mentioned I was heading up that way, must be nice being able go there anytime you want! :thumb:

wow, that's a long day! Or did you stop overnight?

I drove it up and back, driving is how I make my living, so long hours on the road is nothing new. :biker: :rofl:

Way to go Dan. Pretty exciting new tools. I would also love one of those lathes. Ya gotta give us some feedback on how it performs when you get it all cleaned up and set up.:thumb:

Let us have a review on it. I have looked at one similar at busy bee but i aint buying anything there again.

So if i want one its going to be a drive down south or order and deliver.

Quite a haul. I'll bet the Griz guys were smiling when you came in and even bigger when you left.
For the record, when I am spending money, I really appreciate when the folks I am dealing with are courteous. Never experienced anything less at Grizzly. :thumb: