gloat

Dennis Ford

This spaled elm vase recently won and "Honorable Mention" and a Purchase Award at the Beaumont Art League 2010 National Show.
It is about 12 inches tall.

Attachments

• Dennis_vase.jpg
    Dennis_vase.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 65
Congrats, Dennis. :thumb: There must have been some good competition for that piece to have not won first place. Very nice work. :clap:

:thumb: Nice piece. IMHO the "Honorable Mention" is due to the lack of shine on the finish. although some of us prefer a matted and natural texture finish, there are more Opinionated folks looking for the high gloss and Glassy finish, we call it "Plastic Look" but there are a large number of folks who like the shine.

I do like it and find the look of a globe and Tropical islands in the figuring (I do so miss Tropical Islands) :wave: It is a beautiful piece. Thanks for posting.

Congrats, Dennis. :thumb: There must have been some good competition for that piece to have not won first place. Very nice work. :clap:

This was a typical art show with seven 3D pieces and 50+ 2D works accepted. Three of the seven were my turnings, there was also one wood sculpture, one metal sculpture and a couple of ceramic pieces. Everything else was paintings, drawings, prints etc. This was the only 3D piece to get a ribbon so I am happy with the results.