Ci1 Cutters Question

Dan Mosley

I have been buying my cutters off the web from Dehart for my Ci1 tool and was wondering if anyone else has a source for the cutters ?
I bought my tools from Craig but the cutters from him are expensive and I like to save where i can - Im not taking anything away from Craig he is a great vendor and has a fantastic tool and I enjoy using it alot.
Thanks if anyone can has another source or weblink..........Dan

I have been buying my cutters off the web from Dehart for my Ci1 tool and was wondering if anyone else has a source for the cutters ?
I bought my tools from Craig but the cutters from him are expensive and I like to save where i can - Im not taking anything away from Craig he is a great vendor and has a fantastic tool and I enjoy using it alot.
Thanks if anyone can has another source or weblink..........Dan

Dan
Do a search here and see what pops up. There has been some discussion of it in the past. I don't remember all the details and as of yet I don't turn much wood so haven't archived the information. I stumbled across on site that looked like the inserts would be perfect a while back and posted the info here but never heard any follow up.

Here are the inserts I stumbled across and wondered if they would work..
http://www.hersaf.com/
I was looking at thier replacement inserts..

Garry

Last edited:
The ones i have bought from Dehart are in a box of 10 and I bought a couple radius cutters with rounded edges (which I have not tried yet). What I like about them is they are good and I can buy many of them for the price of a couple from the original vendor........not sure if the grade of steel is exactly the same etc but they have worked very well for me and i would buy them again.................Its not that I dont like them just seeing it there are stronger steel cutters that i am unaware of out there......and just wanting more than one source i guess

Last edited: